By using one simple crochet hook, the process of crocheting can be completed using soft wool, yarns or a high quality thread. Crocheting is the process of pulling the loops of yarn through other sequential loops one at a time. It can be considered as a mixture of knitting and crocheting. It's a beautiful pastime hobby which can create some fantastic looking crochet patterns and art pieces for several indoor and outdoor purposes. Well, if you are a budding learner and are still settling your hands on crocheting, probably getting onto complex crocheting methods and designs would not be rational. Thus, if you think about crochet stitches for beginners, it has minimum two or three forms. So, all you beginners, brace yourself a little, there are several crochet patterns for you. Carefully read the steps for different crochet stitching patterns mentioned below and start making a variety of lovely crochet accessories for yourself.
Crochet Stitching Instructions
Crochet Stitching Instructions
- H or G Crochet Hook
- Worsted Weight Yarn
- Form a slip knot with the yarn on the crochet hook, with almost a 4'' long tail of yarn at its end. In your left hand, hold the yarn which is still bound with the skein and in your right hand, hold the crochet hook in a pointing manner.
- Next from back to front, bring the working thread up and over the crochet hook. This process is particularly known as yarn over.
- Now, it's time to slip stitch crochet in the yarn. With the help of the hook, catch hold of the yarn and immediately pull it through the slip knot on the hook. Let go the slip knot and keep the new loop on the hook.
- You have just completed one chain stitch in the lesson of basic crochet stitches.
- Later, just repeat the steps 2, 3, 4 to set up 10 more chain stitches.
- The stitches will keep hanging down as you crochet, and every time only one working loop would remain back on the yarn.
- Now for sometime, keep aside your chain stitches on the left of your hook. Start by inserting the hook into the second section of the chain stitch. Release all the chain stitches and catch hold of the working yarn again.
- Here you have to yarn over and gently pull out the thread through the chain stitch which is fencing your crochet hook.
- Now, again, yarn over and cast the loop of yarn through both the loops that are present on your hook. This action must be done one at a time.
- Here, you have just made one single crochet stitch of your stitching project.
- Similarly, from right to left, keep working to make single crochet stitches in each and every chain across.
- Working in this fashion, once you reach the end of the chain stitch, form one extra chain stitch and instantly turn your project around. Now, start working back, across the rows and the stitches that you have just created.
- This way, your stitches will be on the left side of the crochet hook and eventually this turning chain will help you realize whether you need an extra chain in this process.
- Once you attain this position, start inserting the hook into the first chain on the row which you just created.
- An already existing loop of yarn should be around the hook from the created chain. Therefore, again you will have to wrap the yarn around the hook and pull that loop through the first loop.
- Hope things are fine till this stage. Notice whether you have 2 loops on the crochet hook!
- Yes! That's good. Now, again, gently wrap the yarn around and pull it through both the loops to leave behind just one loop.
- Finally, you have just completed a single crochet in a single crochet stitch.
- To form a double stitch, before inserting the hook into the chain, gently wrap the yarn around the crochet hook.
- Now, wrap it again and pull it through the first loop. Once again, repeat this step over, but this time, just pull it through the next 2 loops.
- In this manner, keep wrapping the yarn until you reach the last stage. In the final step, wrap it around and pull it through the last 2 loops.
- This way, now you also have crochet double stitches as an add-on to your project. You can very well connote it to create certain articles of clothing and home accessories.