Aromatherapy, as the name suggests, takes help of natural aromas and fragrances to ensure overall well-being of the human body. This therapy usually uses essential oils that inhibit various useful medicinal properties. These essential oils are extractions of plants, flowers, fruits, or roots. There are almost 150 different types of essential oils.
Aromatherapy has been proven to provide physical and psychological benefits with proper implementation of the oils and scents. These essential oils are used in the form of various products like soaps, candles, mouthwashes, etc. Aromatherapy can also be practiced in the form of essential oil massage, inhalation, or topical application.
Aromatherapy is a growing business in the field of alternative medicines. Almost all the essential oils are characterized by properties of being antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, antidepressant, etc. The aroma of these oils helps alleviate psychological problems like anxiety, depression, and tension.
To enjoy the benefits of any essential oil, it is necessary that it enters the blood stream. Application of these oils also helps in treating skin problems like acne. These oils are also used to heal wounds and burns. To enjoy the maximum benefits of essential oils, it is necessary that these are manufactured with the help of natural raw materials.
Aromatherapy candles are one of the ways of using of essential oils. These candles are useful for those people who do not have time for benefiting with essential oil massages or topical applications. These candles emit the fragrance of the essential oil they are made up of when lit, and provide a soothing and calm effect to the environment. When this aroma is inhaled, the contents of the essential oil are absorbed in the blood stream through the nasal passage.
How to Make Aromatherapy Jar Candles
- Wax (Paraffin wax/Soy wax)
- Essential Oil
- Get beautiful transparent or colored glass jars from the store. These jars can be in different shapes and sizes.
- You can purchase either paraffin wax or soy wax for your aromatherapy candle. Melt this wax in a container
- Until the wax melts, prepare the candle jar by placing the candle wick in it.
- You can add some color to this wax to make a colored candle.
- Once the wax melts, take it off the heat and add essential oil to it.
- See that you do not add excess essential oil and add it drop by drop.
- You can go for a single essential oil or a combination of two or more.
- Stir the wax and essential oil mixture gently and pour it into the jar.
- Ensure that the candle wick stays in its place while you are pouring the mixture into the jar.
- Later keep aside the jar and let the wax cool down. Your candles are ready!
- Just light the candle once the wax cools down and enjoy the soothing effect
Use aromatherapy candles for yourself or gift your near and dear ones with customized candle baskets. You can find some recipes on the Internet or come up with your own innovative recipe. Making aromatherapy candles by yourself is quite economic, than buying them from stores.